Friday, October 30, 2009

Sad Day, guest post from my Daughter

Yesterday morning Mom went to the Dr for an ultrasound because she'd been having some light spotting the day before. They did an ultrasound and found no heartbeat in the baby. Mom was 9.5 weeks pregnant, and had had an ultrasound at 7.5 weeks (the baby had a very strong heartbeat then). On the ultrasound yesterday the baby measured only 8.5 weeks.

Mom's Drs office prescribed her the medicine to induce labor, which it did, last evening. When everything passed instead of there being one bean of a baby, there were two--one measuring out a couple weeks smaller than the one we knew about. Sad, sad.

The medicine also induced a hemorrhage-like bleed. She called her Drs office again and they called in a prescription for more, it was supposed to stop the bleeding. An hour later she was still hemorrhaging and her Drs office said to go to a specific ER because they were on call there, and that they would call and say she was on her way.

Mom & Dad went to the ER, I took Jeremiah to my MIL's to watch and went and met them (in case Mom needed blood, we are the same type) and 5.5 hours later when I left (3am) she was still just laying in a triage bed. They had not even admitted her yet. They HAD done a pelvic exam and had just when I left finished doing the ultrasound. They wouldn't give her a blood coagulant (sp?) until after the ultrasound.

By the time I'd left they'd only given her one bag of saline/iv fluids and an hour after I left her blood pressure dropped to about 60/40 and she passed out. That's when they gave her 4 more bags of IV fluids and the blood coagulant 4AM and moved her to a room about 6:30am. Mom called me at 10:30 and said the bleeding had almost stopped and they were discharging her.

She's on her way home now to try to sleep a little. I'm going to take the kids out there this afternoon, try to keep her kids quiet and help make dinner.

The younger kids, Veronica (11), Josiah (almost 9) and Betsy (2.5) don't know she was pregnant so they're probably upset and confused about Mommy being in the hospital. My brother Artemas called us at 3am because he couldn't sleep cause he was worried.

Thank you for all the prayers; continued prayers are appreciated. And pray Mom lays around for a couple days--she has trouble doing that but she could use it!

2 comments:

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

You are all in my prayers daily! I will pray extra now in your time of need. God Bless you all and be with you!!! If you need me for anything I am here. Marion
(weird my word verification is "prest"

Darkstar said...

Nikki, I'm so sorry! Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.