Sunday, June 20, 2010

Things My Dad Said

In honor of Father's Day, I've been posting #thingsmydadsaid on Twitter. I've compiled the list, which is below. Thanks dad, for your sage advice & funny words over the years!

  • "I bought you a motorcycle."
  • "Don't touch the pipes. They're hot."
  • "What do you need art supplies for?"
  • "I can pull that tooth for you. Go get my water-pump pliers. They're the ones with the bent pincers."
  • "If everybody jumped off a bridge, would you?"
  • "You can ride the motorcycle on the road after you ride up and down this gravel-road hill 300 times in 1st gear."
  • "Go cook something. Your mom's tired."
  • "You wanna go WHERE?"
  • "There could be something living under that bed of yours & you'd never know it"
  • "Come out here & help me bleed these brakes..."
  • "What am I, a bank?"
  • "Nikki, your problem is you just don't care"
  • "Where did you put my tools?"
  • "Marry them for their money, bc the rest, the all have." (Did I freekin' LISTEN? Noooo)
  • "Nobody buys a cow if they get milk for free."
  • "Plug in a nightlight. The dark could be deadly." (I like my house as dark as a CAVE at night, LOL)
  • "Shut your drapes. It pays to advertise."
  • "You can't live on peanut-butter & jelly and spaghettios."
  • "I have to run over to Booty Black's house & pick up some parts."
  • "You can pick your friends. And you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
  • "Does Jacki live here now? or did I miss something?"
  • "Never go barefoot. I stepped on a bee when I was six." (I only wear shoes when I have to)
  • "You shouldn't get a tattoo. Though tattoos are some really beautiful art."
  • "Never call me from jail. You'll sit there because I'm not gonna post your bond."
  • "He needs 2 hats like that stupid one. One to crap in, and the other to cover it up with."
  • "Your mom doesn't like the way you're behaving. Now *I* have to start going to church."
  • "Don't put anything in writing if you wouldn't want to read it in the newspaper."
  • "Don't wear name labels. They should pay YOU for advertising for them instead of you paying extra to wear their name"
  • "Get up and DO something. Even if it's wrong."
  • "You need a new overhead cam in the truck. This is the LAST money I'm gonna spend on it."
  • "Do you realize what ADIDAS means?" (yeah, if you're eleven...)
  • "Take your mom's hand-me-downs. If they don't fit, they will." (over my dead body, LOL)
  • "If you don't have the receipt, you can't return it."
  • "You have so much art in you! You could have made a lot of money! But you've wasted your life wiping butts & noses instead"
  • "Is that tattoo a stick-on?"
  • "So, have you wrecked the bike yet?"
  • No comments: