Friday, June 19, 2009

A Recipe

I concocted this recipe myself. I would like to state in advance, that this recipe is copyright by me. It may not appear in any publication, nor may it be used to produce food for commercial sale.

I am giving the Small batch version if you just want to give these a go. It is easy to double if you are feeding a crowd (like I am!). I guarantee your friends will want a batch for Christmas! Your boss may barter a raise in exchange for a tin of these! And they will make even the most alien, crotchety mother-in-law smile her thin and meaningless smile.

Bacon "Fattie Snackies"

Prep: chop 2 oz. of bacon and stir-fry until crisp; drain on toweling
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F

Ingredients:

1/4 Cup (4 Tablespoons) butter, softened
1/2 Cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy, you pick)
1 egg
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch of salt (1/8 teaspoon)
1 Cup all-purpose unbleached flour
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
crumbled bacon (lardons)

Cream butter, peanut butter, egg, and sugars with a wooden spoon until they are homogenous. Add leavenings (baking soda and salt) and the flour. Stir in chocolate chips and bacon. Place ping-pong ball sized lumps about 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8-9 minutes. Drop cookie sheets onto counter or stove top from about 6" height to collapse cookies. Cool on racks or waxed paper. Try to wait until they are cool before you eat them.

WARNING: Newly-baked cookies are HOT! I cannot be held responsible for ensuing burns to the lips or tongue just because *you* don't have any self-control. (LOL)

3 comments:

UglyGerbil said...

Hi there, your blog popped up in my Google alerts because I have an alert set for Jewel Quest (I work for the company that makes it), but I am SO going to make these!

I had a bacon chocolate bar once, and it was pretty much the best thing ever. I think these cookies may rival that.

Take care,

Terrie AKA UglyGerbil

UglyGerbil said...

And I just noticed you're on Etsy, me too! Small internet world.

:D

Desiree said...

What the hell? You seriously are putting bacon in everything huh? So... you gonna bring any over here? Taste test, quality control ya know.