Saturday, May 23, 2009

Pictures

Sometimes one doesn't need many words.
Even if it isn't the "law"...

WEAR YOUR HELMET!!!




This is not some Avant-garde Art Of A Snail. It is the front fender from the bike. The front triple-tree (front forks and support for the front wheel and handlebars) is bent and will have to be replaced.

The tires, which are 30 (yes, read that, 30) years old, don't have a scratch on them. The bike starts and stays running. Probably will outlive me. Now on to something REALLY interesting!



Ready?













Awww, I've done worse than that on Sonic Skates!


REALLY READY?










That wasn't all THAT bad, you say?


Find something to bite on...















I will leave you with a more peaceful pic. Notice the nice pretty face, that is still all there because of that "bothersome" helmet. Notice the nice teeth, that didn't get knocked out.

Yes, this is the same pic as last night. We cleaned him up today and tonight he doesn't have a shirt on. But we thought you all might not be able to handle that, so just be happy. We are.

Thank you, Jesus.

10 comments:

Growth in God said...

We are praying that all works out. My dad always said helmets were the number one rule when we rode with him, it is so true. He totaled his bike when a car ran a light and hit him 8 or so years ago. Thankfully he had leathers on because he slid across the rode quite a ways.

The High Plains Knitter said...

I am praying for you and your family and thankful that it is getting a little better.

Very Verdant said...

Oh, so glad your son is OK! A man in our church was recently in a motorcycle accident and is burned up pretty badly.

Hope all the wounds heal quickly.

G.Dowell said...

So happy that your son is doing well. Wish everyone would wear their helmets when riding. It would save more precious lives.

Shelley said...

Thanking Jesus with you...so happy he's feeling better!!

Desiree said...

Glad he's alright. Guess he'll start wearing leathers, huh? : )

my7kids said...

He usually does! But his leather jacket is quilted inside, and it was 85 in the shade... and we figured, 3 miles @ 30mph...

My Shining Lights said...

I'm so glad that you are courageous enough to post these photos. Wearing a helmet saved my husband's life when he was in a motorcycle wreck just days before our wedding. The helmet was destroyed. Thankfully he wasn't! And like your son the accident was not his fault drivers need to pay closer attention motorcycles are difficult to see. I pray your son has a quick recovery. Gentle hugs! Blessing to your whole family after this very difficult week.

Joanne said...

That does look like it will hurt. I am so sorry. Will be praying for all of you. I am glad that he will be OK.

Darkstar said...

Oh My!! I was gone not quite a week and look at what all happened! I'm so very glad Artemas is healing and that he was wearing his helmet!! I know the clavicle has to hurt as well as the road burns, but he was still able to smile and baby sit!!

We'll keep him in our prayers and hope for a speedy recovery!!