Tuesday, March 24, 2009

2 Pink Ladies

Des kept Artemas last night so sometime today we had to go get him. But first (I have that syndrome a LOT)I did some yarns for my my7kids yarn shop at Etsy. Here is a peek at a couple of them... on the left we have Size Doesn't Matter, Baby (a mini skein of course, LoL) and on the right we have Date the Smart Girl. There are a couple more, but you will just have to go see!

This morning I caught Beverly with the camera. She took a 2-yr.-old's eye view of... something. When I asked her, I think she said Feet. I don't take pics of my own feet, but it seemed important to her. I can see a real artist emerging here, can't you?

Richard and I also made a new soap... it has chlorophyl for color, finely minced alfalfa, and is fragranced with essential oils of Lavender, Cedarwood, and Spruce. Very herbal and deep! And since it also has a little bit of hemp oil in it, we are calling it Great Grass.

I have been working on a TOP SECRET project... my Weird and Ugly Fabric Challenge Quilt. My online group has this challenge twice a year, and it is really fun! We have to sign up for the challenge and receive the fabric without knowing what the HECK it is going to look like. Then we have about 5 months to make anything we can out of it (one lady even duct-taped hers to cardboard once). You would not believe the artistic quilts that come out of this! We get menial prizes for arbitrary categories. It isn't the prize that matters, it is the stretching of our quilting muscles! Well anyway, it has taken the place of the block-a-days for the time being, since I have 3 other burgeoning quilters to help out with this... and it is due Apr. 1st. I am not allowed to show my quilt until after the voting, but here are 2 sneak peeks. LoL!

This evening at Des' house, we had homemade waffles and sausage for dinner. The two babies (my Betsy at age 2 and Des' Hannah who will be 1 on the 10th of April) happened to be wearing the same color pink, along with pink cheeks from being out in the sun Friday. Beverly was playing under the table, to be close to big sister Des, who was sewing at the table. Not to be outdone, Hannah had to venture under also. So I took pics of the two Pink Ladies.

And if that weren't enough fun for everyone, Des decided that Jeremiah and Hannah should have a bath, and naturally Betsy would NOT be left out of that one. So last of all, here are the Three Redneck Babies in a Tub. Gooooooood night, everybody!

4 comments:

Darkstar said...

LOL, I love the Pink Ladies...and gentleman! They are the cutest. Betsy and Hannah look so much alike when you see them in the tub!!

The Date the Smart Girl yarn is beautiful. I can see that made up in a geometric afghan. (OK, so my taste in colors for geometric designs is strange, lol) I love it anyway!!

Can you believe that it's only 8 days and the pictures for the W/U have to be in?? Scary, lol. Can't wait to see what comes out of this one!

Darkstar said...

Almost forgot! Hannah shares a birthday with my Step-Daughter who will be 17 on the 10th of April!

my7kids said...

hey mom you forgot, Betsy and Hannah both have; blue eyes, light Hair, and Skin. Awww aren't They Cute!!

Lee Purdum Lehman said...

Nikki, I'm referring Betsy to my photographer daughter. I think there may be an intern here. ;) I wish I could wallow in all your beautiful yarns and fleece. I can't knit or crochet anymore, but the thought of wallowing is very sensuous! Haha.
Now, the pic of the kids in the tub .... how much to spend a day with these precious souls? No work ... just play. (Clothed, of course) Little ones are God's way of keeping us in "Awwwwwwwww!!"
Hugs, Lee