Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sometimes Your Kids Make You Proud

Tony has been buggin' me for at least 2 years to draw him a scorpion to get tattooed on the inside of his right arm. So Friday I did it. Here (on the left) is my drawing. I couldn't find a good, black and white rendered picture of a scorpion so I wasn't real sure about the face. The tail says, Luke 10 19... which is,

"I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions, and to overcome all the power of the enemy. Nothing shall harm you."


And here is that drawing translated into ink, fresh off the press, "in the flesh," so to speak. The tattoo was done this evening by John Goad of Alter Ego in Knoxville. He reworked the face but left the tail, with its meaning, intact.

We watched Jeremiah while they went. When they got back, Beverly thought she had to have a tattoo too. So here is hers. And, then Jeremiah wanted one. Nana drew him a "guppion" of his very own. And he wanted a LOOONG tail, like his daddy's. I didn't ask how long. There are some things a Nana doesn't need to know.

Desiree also got her nose pierced. She has a nice nose for it, and I think it looks fine. Tony likes it too. We all had steaks with mushrooms and onions on them and pasta salad with dill and veggies and good 9-grain bread when they got back.

Getting the grill out, I got SO mad at my dh. He is a packrat of apocalyptic proportions. No joke, one time we had to clean out a 1-car garage in order to build a bedroom, bath, and laundry area in it, to shoehorn our growing family into our first, tiny, 2 bedroom house. We filled a 20-cubic-yard pull-car dumpster 2/3 full from that garage. Well Tony built us a new cube a while back (a whole other sore spot with him, Richard thought he would "improve" the design), and R has already proceeded to fill it disorganizedly with stuff. Took me 35 minutes to get the grill out. After 26 years of his stuff packed everywhere, he is lucky I don't divorce him. Don't think I haven't weighed the option. One thing is for sure, I would have this junk out of here before the ink was dry.

Speaking of which, I have wanted a little tattoo for years, and he won't let me. Says he doesn't want me to go through any "Pain." ?!? This from the man to whom I have borne 7 live babies. I told the kids, when he dies, I will get a tattoo on the way to the wake (actually I think my words were, before his body is cold.) LoL. Maybe I am even kidding!

I listed ONE new item today in my HeartFeltFun shop at Etsy. Here it is... a poncho from mohair, LOTS of glitz, and turquoise fun fur. This is one of the 100% charity donation listings. Gorgeous!

3 comments:

Growth in God said...

Oh my gosh I think I may have found my moms Mothers Day gift. She would love this. It reminds me of pictures of her back in the. . well Maybe she would get mad if I said. LOL, I was born in 74 and she was hmmm just barely 17 so...
I can remember being in High School and stealing her shawls.
Love the Tat. of course I have a little necklace charm my grandpa made me that is a scorpion. The verse is perfect!

SleightGirl said...

That scorpion is so awesome! And I love the meaning of the tail too...so cool!

Darkstar said...

No wonder your quilts are so good! You drawing is super! I'm a tattoo person and love the black/gray used for Tats! Tony has to be super proud of it.

Love, love the poncho!